Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Can't A Girl With Glasses Get A Break?
Crap-ola, my contact finally finished tearing this morning, and now I'm stuck in glasses, woefully so! I honestly feel like I'm handicapped, my sight just isn't right somehow. I feel off-balance and out of control. It's kind of a horrible feeling. Luckily, though, I'm dealing with my feelings of inadequacy by doing as little activity as possible and as much laying-around-reading-a-book as possible. Ha! Take that, you horrifying contraption stuck on my nose! You will not get the best of this gal, that's for sure!
Also, my parallel parking, which is stupendously horrendous to begin with, is now positively abyssmal, what with my lack of depth perception. Ah, the woes of me...

Flying Solo
So, I am now officially single, again. (You might have noticed how this is not some tragedy, as it is not the first thing on my mind these days....) One lessen I've (re-)learned: Relationships built for convenience never turn out to be at all convenient. Blast!
And now I am faced with that both terrifying and liberating status: single mother with two young children seeks loving revolutionary with whom she can live, laugh, love, fuck, and tear down the state. Now really, is that so much to ask for? I thought not.
Perhaps it's because I'm just newly single now, (but hopefully it's because I'm growing spiritually as a human being) but I'm not at all worried about finding someone to spend my life with, i.e. finding someone to keep me from being alone in my old, decrepit years. Since I tend to be such a hermit anyway, it's just not something I'm that worried about. I have complete confidence in being able to raise my boys as loving, compassionate, intelligent people, and complete confidence in being able to realize my wildest damn dreams. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure in about a month or two or five, I'll stumble into a slump, but I feel more able to cope with those now. Even though I'm only 26, I feel as if I've grown enormously in the past 3 years or so. I feel more confident in my skin, and even though I know I still have some more work and tons of learning to do, all prospects excite me right now. I know it's at least partly because I'm in a really great place right now, but I also know it's because I'm a stronger woman than I used to be.

On one last note, it's officially been 7 weeks since my last cigarette! WOOOO! I've been thinking about Borneo lately......

No comments:

Post a Comment