Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Keep On Running But No One Is Chasing Me

So, I started running. As of yesterday. That would make today Day #2 and man on man! Am I ever glad I quit smoking when I did, because my lungs feel like purity shit! Blech! I actually am getting satisfaction out of this, which is great, considering that I kind of hate running....Wait! NO! I love running, actually. This is my new mantra, I LOVE RUNNING. Yesterday, my lungs felt like they were cobwebbed together with tiny wires criss-crossing everywhere, trying to function while underneath a suffocting wet feather pillow. A bit better today. My legs felt like cement today. I felt like I was literally dragging them around with my hips, my thighs and calves nothing but dead weight. Makes me wonder what tomorrow will be bring, that's for sure...

So, I travel 2 miles a day. I don't run the entire way (yet!), but I'm working up to it. I run half a mile, walk a mile, then run the last half mile. I thought I could up the running part a bit today, but no luck. My cement legs made me want to cry, so I stuck to the mile.

Aside from running, I'm doing yoga twice a week, though I'd like to up that to at least 4 or 5 times a week.

I will get in shape and healthy and I will enjoy doing it. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment